Sunday, September 20, 2009

Count von Count and dentition



Just in case you're wondering: Losing teeth is not as fun at 44 as it is at 6.

For one thing, it's vastly more expensive. For another, by adulthood most people find it considerably less enjoyable to end up minus body parts, no matter how problematic and malformed they may be.

I don't need another self-esteem hit. But I have one. Because really? Opening your mouth to find a gaping black hole is creepy and depressing. And yeah, while for the first time in literally decades I have a cosmetically reasonable smile, it's going to take a little getting used to the idea that I most closely now resemble Count von Count. ;-)

Don't get me wrong -- I have HATED my teeth forever. It's nice to feel like it's not the first thing everyone stares at when they see me. I always tried to smile in spite of it, but that never stopped the self-consciousness. It's just weird, OK? It's weird to look in the mirror and see "normal," but it's just as weird to be able to pop "normal" in and out and look like a friggin' vampire bat.

Oh, BTW: Now that I have my 2 front teeth (front 4, actually) in time for Christmas, I'm getting my biggest wish of all time, ever, and it doesn't get any better than that! (More on that closer to the date of occurrence. :-)

----------------
Now playing: Duncan Sheik - Time and Good Fortune
via FoxyTunes

No comments: