Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Ring out the old....

In this case, the old I'm ringing out on this New Year's Eve is someone I've been friends with (I thought) for 5 years.

I had major surgery in August, and people I barely knew stepped up to drive me around, take me to the store, etc. D. didn't even call (or text, or email) to say hi, how are you. Every time I tried to ask to talk to her about it, she blew me off. So I finally wrote her and told her how hurt I was, and asked one more time to talk.

She replied that she'd had a "trying" year too and was sorry, but she couldn't offer any more of herself, so have a nice life.

I don't understand how you can just toss someone to the side of the road when you have a history. I don't understand how you can be selfish enough to treat people like dirt. I don't understand it, period.

I read something today that fits: You can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep rereading the last one. So I'm going to try to move on. But I'm going to grieve a little first, and be angry.

No comments: