Tuesday, March 10, 2009

vanity plate of the year (so far).

Passed it on my way home from what has become my usual Tuesday ritual, 4 hours at the free clinic sitting around waiting for stuff that takes 10 minutes. Between that and the farkin' SNOW (aren't we DONE with that yet?!), I found it rather resonant for me.

2 syllables, read it out loud:

YNER.

I hate this time of year. Yesterday it was 46. Today it's snowing. Tomorrow it's going to be a high of 15. Enough, please.

Hmm, what else can I rant about, now that I'm going? :-D

Oh, there's good ol' Wisconsin screwing over single, childless adults again -- the state ins. program was supposed to be open to us April 1, and now it's July 1. I'm eligible for COBRA under Barry O's stimulus bill, since I got laid off after 9-1. The govt. will pay 65% -- yay! It's not retroactive -- boo! So I'm still farked when it comes to getting anyone to cover pre-existing conditions, of which I have zillions.

I had a retired lawyer finagle ways to get me on patient assistance programs for some of my meds, so we'll see how he does. Based on tax returns (this year's or last), I won't qualify -- but neither of them is an accurate depiction of my current financial status.

Recent events have led me to the realization that I am over journalism. Sucks, kinda, being that A) now I have to decide again what I want to be when I grow up; B) I jumped through a billion hoops and went into a lot of debt for my degrees; C) it's all I've wanted to do since I was 9, and I didn't even make it an entire decade before burning out. It's hard to sit by and watch the industry implode, partly because I believe in it still -- I'm just too tired and my passion for it has been too crushed to be the one doing it anymore.
----------------
Now playing: Beck - Qué Onda Guero
via FoxyTunes

No comments: