Saturday, December 13, 2008

curious about something.

Spent 40 minutes in line this morning with 299 other suckers to register to take a civil service exam. Turned out most of the folks were there for the job that's been heavily advertised -- as an unemployment call center employee. (I love irony.) That was also my intention, but they had 200+ applicants and 40 test booklets, so I said the hell with it and took the test to get myself on the "general office support" list.

Here's what I want to know: How come, when you take a standardized test, you have to turn in your scratch paper at the end? Your name's not on it. If you're like me, you've scribbled all over it randomly, so it's not like anyone can check your answer to a particular question from it unless they reeeeally have a lot of time on their hands. So what's the point? Inquiring minds want to know. Should you happen to have an answer, please do enlighten me. :-)

No comments: