Saturday, April 4, 2009

classic commercials

I had to explain to a non-American, non-native English speaker the other day what I meant by ascribing something to "Mother Nature." As I recall, I was using it in the context of the atrocity of snow in April, but then it got me to thinking about that stupid commercial from the '70s: "It's not nice to fool Mother Nature." I wonder what it says that I remember the tagline and not the product--but through the glories of YouTube, let's revisit Chiffon margarine, shall we?

Chiffon ad

Other faves:

Hey Mikey! He likes it!

This one, I'm afraid, is rather un-PC these days, but for me it conjures memories of Royals games on KMBZ and whatever their TV station was (it's the song that matters, not the bear):

From the land of sky blue waters

The flavor says butter

Feel free to add to the list!

----------------
Now playing: Supertramp - Gone Hollywood
via FoxyTunes

No comments: