Monday, April 6, 2009

things that shouldn't pair up.

Top of my list? College kids during times of stress (midterms, finals) and all-you-can-eat buffets.

Having been there, done that, and gotten both the T-shirt and the stomachache, my old-fart self now understands how the adult patrons at Village Pizza in Columbia, Mo. must have felt the time about 8 of us descended on the place and attempted to eat it out of business -- and then amused our very punchy, mostly-sleepless selves by singing old TV show theme songs at the top of our lungs. Badly.

Went to the Chinese buffet in town here with a friend for lunch today. Seated directly in front of me were 2 girls, 2 boys, none of them over 20, I'd guess. The one guy concentrated on stuffing his face. The other concentrated on being as loud and obnoxious as humanly possible. The girls giggled increasingly hysterically the louder and more obnoxious he got, which, of course, egged him on. The funny thing is, he wasn't even remotely funny. And I decided I'd never complain about a restaurant full of toddlers again. At least they have a valid excuse for being loud and obnoxious.

----------------
Now playing: Elliott Smith - Somebody That I Used to Know
via FoxyTunes

No comments: