Friday, November 14, 2008

I love you, Roy.

Dude has nads of steel. I did a story on him, and actually attended the SOA vigil in Ga., several years ago. It was an experience I will never forget, on so many levels.

On the one hand, it does seem kind of stupid to speak out, because nothing's ever going to change while repressed old white men are in charge. On the other, though, gotta give the man credit -- as well as all the women who speak out as well, and all those who work for social justice in ANY form. That's what Catholicism USED to be about, and what it needs to return to.

Fr. Roy Bourgeois

my stuff (see the links in the blue box on the linked page for 2 other stories)

1 comment:

Ye'he Sh'mey Raba Mevorach said...

Definitely impressive. I don't know beans about Catholic doctrine. (sp?) but I am always impressed for someone who will take a stand for G-d.

Problem is, knowing if it's really from G-d or not. Think about the average simple crusader, for example... Complex. :(

Nevertheless, I wish this man well, and pray that the G-d of Lovingkindness smooths his path.

Thanks for the post.